Whew, it was a long haul, but it only took 10 years for us to finally make it to poop jokes! And there will be a lot this week, so if you don’t care for crappy bathroom humor, you can flush off.
A few things we missed:
- In the recent weeks, Joe Flacco passed Joe Montana in passing yardage
- Brian Griese called a Monday Night Football game with Tom Brady as the QB. This is significant because Brady backed up Griese in college. It also seems like Griese retired ages ago, and that’s because he’s been out of the league for 12 years!
- Fantasy football blunder, I lost to a team who was able to put Taysom Hill in as a TE but get all the QB stats. ESPN fixed that glitch the next week
- We had a successful Fumblerooski play for a TD, and I forgot to talk about it!
- The week the Broncos had no QB’s, they actually inquired with the NFL on if they could start one of their coaches who was an ex-QB
- Week 13 points
- The Raiders hail mary (or the Jets botching of that play) was utterly insane, and Gregg Williams deserved to get fired after calling that play
- Browns Titans ended up being a good game, but the Browns really took it to them in the 1st half
- How to the Giants beat the Seahawks, in Seattle?!?!
Back to Reality:
- Before Sunday’s game, the Saints were 8-0 in the prior 2 seasons without Drew Brees as their QB
- The Steelers started 11-0, and are on a 2 game losing streak
- Wow, Jalen Hurts took the woeful Eagles and beat the NFC leading Saints!’
- Yes, Jon Gruden wore an “Oakland” Raiders hat while in Vegas
This is the first season I’ve really noticed this, but I’ve seen a lot of interceptions (many of which are pick 6s) that are stemming from Cornerbacks who are on another receiver. They jump the route, leaving their man wide open. It seems to be working pretty efficiently, and is taking QB’s quite by surprise. Would be curious to see the INT stats compared to other years, because I’m sure I’ve seen 8 or 9 of these just in casual watching.
Browns Ravens, Game of the Year:
Before we get into the poop jokes, the Ravens game was truly the game of the year. 35 points were scored in the 4th quarter, the Browns came back from being down by 14 and there were 3 lead changes after that, and in the last 6:00, the win probability shifted teams 7 times! Jackson went down (more on that to come, hehe) and it looked like the Browns were going to run away with it. Especially when the Ravens Backup went down! Then Lamar magically returned the very next play and led them to a TD.
What everybody is talking about is QB Lamar Jackson mysteriously left the game in the 4th quarter of Monday night’s game. Commentators said he was cramping, which everybody thought was a leg, but makes sense now. Jackson is denying it, but I’ve seen that run to the locker room before (hell, I’ve DONE that run). The fastest QB in the league went from streaking on the field to streaking to the toilet, went from running the ball to having the runs, and went from beating the Browns to the Browns taking him down. I love how RGIII, his backup, is making fun of him about it. Jackson went from wanting the Super Bowl to needing the toilet bowl! Gives a new meaning to doing squats.
Playoff Machine is Back!
Play around with it http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine , here’s what I get:
*Notes: Miami misses at 10-6, KC holds a 7 game division lead, NE misses the playoffs for the first time in 18 years, Jets go winless
*Notes: Was gets to .500, SEA takes the NFC West,
Memes of the Week: