FMQB: Early Edition
Early edition this week!
For the Record:
- We knew the Chiefs were good, but are they really that above and beyond the Ravens that they can beat them that bad on the road?
- The NFL is really testing how much fans missed sports! 1st 3 Thursday Night games were Jaguars Dolphins, Browns Bengals, and Broncos Jets.
- The Bills, Titans and Buccaneers are alone in 1st place in their division. 2 teams that WON playoff games last year are alone in last place; Vikings and Texans
- Argh, DK Metcalf! He pulled a DeSean Jackson and fumbled the ball out of the back of the endzone for a touchback. Could have cost him the game.
Stats of the Week:
- After being quite the Goat in Week 1, Stephen Gostkowski became the first kicker to win a team’s first 3 games with game winning kicks with less than 2 minutes left.
- In the month of September, Patrick Mahomes is 10-0 with 34 TD passes and 0 INT’s.
- The 49ers won by 27 points despite missing 9 starters
- Dak Prescott is on pace to throw 6,336 yards! Russell Wilson is on pace to throw 74 TD’s
- DeAndre Hopkins, who was traded from the Texans for a used piece of gum and a paperclip, is leading the league in both yards and receptions.
- Russell Wilson’s 14 TD’s through 3 games is the most in NFL history
- The Browns are over .500 for the first time in 6 years
It’s gotta sting to be the Falcons, who realistically should be 3-0 at this point. They blew a lead, AGAIN in the 4th quarter, this time to a backup QB. They became the first team to lose 2 games after leading by 15+ pts in the 4th quarter, did it back to back games.
The team that beat them, the Bears, are the first team to WIN 2 games when trailing by 16+ pts in the 4th quarter. They also did it in back to back games.
The Rams also almost completed a Falcons Super Bowl-esque comeback, being down exactly 28-3 late in the 3rd quarter. They rattled off 4 straight drives ending in TD’s to take the lead, only to have the Bills narrowly win in the end.
- It took 2 ½ weeks for Mitch Trubisky to be benched for Nick Foles despite the Bears being undefeated.
- The Titans had 4 players and 5 staff members test positive for COVID, thus postponing the Steelers game Sunday. Luckily no Vikings players tested positive (they’re just choking for other reasons than the virus), but easy to see how fast it can spread.
- DK Metcalf pulled a DeSean Jackson and got stripped of the ball at the 1 yardline for a touchback. The way he was jogging before he even caught it, almost makes you wonder if he thought he torched the corner and was alone.
Memes of the Week: