Happy Thanksgiving to all 12 of my readers! Putting out an early edition of FMQB to take a break from talking to your awkward cousin for a few minutes.
I feel like I need to address this since it’s the story of the week. Haskins was so excited after his first win that he was taking selfies with fans, but didn’t realize there was enough time on the clock to where the Redskins needed to run a victory formation play. So Case Keenum had to run in to do the play. I don’t know why, but I find this more funny than egregious. And I’m the person who gets upset when Moss walks off before halftime, or other similar instances. I just think he’s young, and enjoying the moment on a team where there’s been basically nothing to celebrate this year. Unprofessional? Yes. Immature? Absolutely. But crossing a line where people are incredibly upset about this? I think that’s too far.
- Watching the 49ers rout the Packers, it was unbelievable the difference in talent between the #1 and #2 teams in the NFC. You have to think if San Fran gets home field, they’ll nearly be a lock for the Super Bowl.
- If you’re not watching the Raiders, watch the Titans. They could very easily sneak into the playoffs
- The Cowboys tripping call was ridiculous
- In a house that comprises of Rams and Packers fans, our feelings after this weekend can be summed up as “Embarrassed.” That was on national TV, and the Packers were vying for a 1st round bye and Rams were in the Super Bowl last year. We have been humbled
- Mason Rudolph has looked very good and just plain awful at times. Still a little surprised he was benched, he’s supposed to be Big Ben’s heir apparent
Stat of the Week:
Frank Gore passed Barry Sanders for 3rd on the all time rushing list
Stat of the Week #2:
The Ravens have punted twice in their last 3 games, RGIII was the QB on both of those drives
Stat of the Week #3:
Russell Wilson has led his team to a winning record in each of his first 8 NFL seasons, which no other QB has done in NFL history
Stat of the Week #4:
The Cowboys are 0-4 against teams with winning records this season. Their 6 wins have come against teams that are a combined 16-46-1
Stat of the Week #5:
Watch for Michael Thomas to break the receiving record! He was already on pace, and had a 10 catch game on Sunday. If he averages 7.8 receptions, he’ll best Marvin Harrison
For the Record:
- The Browns and the Jets are both on 3 game winning streaks
- Panthers kicker Slye missed a go-ahead 28 yd FG and 2 missed PAT’s, in a dome. No wind, perfect conditions
- Apparently NFL Primetime is now titled NFL Rewind. I’m not on board with this
Other than the catch debacle, and roughing the QB, has there been a rule out there that is so blatantly bad as the Pass Interference challenge that we get reminded of it EVERY SINGLE WEEK? How does the NFL just sit back and watch this happen? I loved how the announcers in the Panthers game were flabbergasted at the overturned PI call. There are WAY more egregious calls that are not being overturned. It’s also rather amusing that the Saints were on the losing end of the call, since they were the ones that wanted the rule.
It’s Finally Back:
FMQB’s favorite prediction tool is back on ESPN! I tried looking for this back in Week 8 and every week since, so this is like Christmas to me!
Things shake up quite differently when running through the actual schedule. A couple interesting tidbits with MY predictions, Ravens get top seed, Indy is the final wild card. On the NFC side, it’s Saints #1, then Seahawks, and the 49ers end the season 2-3 to get the 5th seed (they’re #1 now).
Games of the Week:
49ers and Ravens: Could very easily be a Super Bowl preview!
Get ready for Week 14 though! We have 49ers vs. Saints (top seed tiebreaker), Bills vs. Ravens, Chiefs vs. Patriots, and Titans vs. Raiders (could decide final Wild Card)
Turducken, you’re 9 for 9 FMQB!
Memes of the Week: