FMQB: I’m sorry Miss Jackson, I am for real!
Game of the Year:
Seattle at San Francisco gave us the game of the year so far! I have missed much of MNF this year, mainly due to the quality of matchups, but this one was well worth the wait. There were 7 turnovers, defensive TD’s, a 10 point comeback by the Seahawks, followed by an 11 point comeback by the 49ers. Two struggling kickers that included a go ahead field goal and a game tying field goal in the last 1:45. Then 5 possessions in OT before an end of regulation game winner. Instant classic!
For the Record:
- Vinatieri missed another extra point, has missed 6 this season
- For the Record, Drew Brees is 2-2 this season while Teddy Bridgewater is 5-0, just sayin…
- The Steelers would be in the playoffs if the season ended today, and their final 8 opponents are a combined 17-37-1
- The Dolphins are technically only 3 games back from a Wild Card spot…The Browns only 2
- The Browns had 8 plays to make it in from the 1 yard line, and couldn’t do it…EIGHT!
- The Ravens with their triple Heisman option was one of the cooler things I’ve seen. Jackson, Ingraham and RGIII were all in on the run play.
- How do the Chiefs essentially botch 2 FG’s at the end of the game?!?!
- I’ll talk about Myles Garrett when I have time to write about it, but zero chance he sees the field the rest of this season. OH MY GOD, that was bad
Stat of the Week:
Marcus Peters has 3 INTs and 2 TD’s since being traded to the Ravens
Stat of the Week #2:
Falcons had 6 sacks on Sunday, they only had 7 the entire first half of the season
Stat of the Week #3:
This was the most 7 win teams through 9 weeks since 1990
Stat of the Week #4:
Minkah Fitzpatrick, 5 INT’s, most on the Steelers since 2010
Stat of the Week #5:
Most telling statistic: There is only 1 team with a negative turnover ratio that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today, and it’s the Bills at -1
Stat of the Week #6:
Through his first 16 games, Lamar Jackson has more wins than Patrick Mahomes, more rush yards than LaDainian Tomlinson, a better passer rating than Tom Brady, more yards per attempt than Aaron Rodgers, and a better completion percentage than Drew Brees.
Stat of the Week #7:
The Steelers had 2+ takeaways in 8 straight games for the first time in 30 years
Stat of the Week #8:
Lamar Jackson became the 2nd player ever with 2 perfect passer rating games in the same season. Sure it was against Miami and Cincinnati, but still impressive
Saquon Barkley averaged 2.77 INCHES per rush on Sunday
More on Lamar:
Lamar Jackson’s TD run is going to be shown on highlight reels for years to come. Just like most of us remember Mike Vick’s OT 50+ yarder against the Vikings, despite handily winning the game, this was a better play than Vick’s
Quick note on Kaepernick:
I’m trying to stay away from this subject as much as I can, but if the reports and demands by the NFL on his Saturday workout are true, the NFL is looking 10 times worse than if they hadn’t done a workout at all. This felt like a PR stunt the entire time, and it’s turning from a gesture of goodwill to more ammo for Colin’s camp.
Quote of the Week:
“Who keeps puttin’ all the towels on the top shelf?” Tarik Cohen
For the Record 2:
Geno said Heads, period
Memes of the Week: