FMQB: And People Say the Running game is dead
Comeback for the Ages:
Sunday was a weird day for me watching football. As usual, I’m stuck watching Minnesota vs. Denver. I got through the 1st quarter and would have bet money even then that the Vikings were toast, they couldn’t do anything. I switched to the Texans vs. Ravens game and expected a shootout. Well it was on one side, and that game got out of hand quickly. I all of a sudden saw that the Vikes were within 10 in the 4th Qtr, so switched back to watch. I’m not sure what happened in between, but it was like a completely different team was out there! The Vikings only had 4 possessions in the 2nd half, with the Broncos milking 7 minutes off the clock in one drive, and yet they scored a TD on all 4 possessions which is unheard of after being shutout.
- I’m no doctor, but Turbisky was benched, not injured
- The Colts are officially leading their division (written before Thursday night)
- That Deandre Hopkins no-call is the ONLY reason the stupid new Pass Interference challenge should be allowed. And they didn’t even get that right.
- The Bills have to be the quietest team at 7-3
- I was pumped to watch Watson vs. Jackson, was kind of a disappointment
- Why does it seem like only a couple teams consistently have kicking issues? Matt Nagy must be banging his head against the wall
- The Falcons are looking impressive on their 2 game win streak
- It’s about time the Rams decided to give Todd Gurley the ball. He does NOT look like himself though, but still put up several decent plays
- Remember in the Ravens loss to the Chargers in the playoffs last year, how there was controversy that Lamar Jackson wasn’t benched for Joe Flacco? A lot has changed in 10 months.
The fact that people are still talking about Garrett shows how egregious the helmet swing actually was. It was wise of the NFL to nail down a heavy handed suspension immediately afterwards. This was one of the faster processes, as within a week his appeal had already been heard and his suspension upheld. The rest of the season was appropriate, I don’t think it should go into next season and I’m sure the NFL doesn’t want this whole incident popping up and people talking about it next September yet. And then of course the race card got played, which is a touchy subject. If it happened: I can’t say I necessarily blame the guy. Should still have held in his temper, which maybe is unfair to ask of him, but IF it happened then I think you go 4 games AND give Rudolph a suspension too. However, it seems that the NFL found zero evidence of it happening, and I also find it very suspicious that in the postgame interview, Garrett wouldn’t have flat out said “he called me names” or “Rudolph used a racial slur.” That’s a heat of the moment answer, and you think that would have come out a week ago. Personally I think that he saw how people forgave Kareem Hunt for his outburst after a racial slur and was reinstated where Ray Rice wasn’t, and tried to use that to his advantage. Everybody is hypersensitive to this subject, as we should be, but if you’re lying you’re immediately taking race relations in the wrong direction (I’m talking to you Michael Bennett too).
Stat of the Week #1:
DeShaun Watson’s suffered his first loss by more than a possession for the first time in his 2 ½ year NFL career
Stat of the Week #2:
Michael Thomas has 5 more catches than Marvin Harrison did through 10 games, the year Harrison broke the record with 143 catches
Stat of the Week #3:
All 7 losses by San Diego are by 7 points or less
Stat of the Week #4:
The Ravens are the only team since 1978 to rush for more than 2000 yards through 10 games…. and people say the running game is dead!
Stat of the Week #5:
Teams that were losing by 20+ points at halftime had lost their last 99 games, until the Vikings comeback
Stat of the Week #6:
Your leaders in passing yards this season? Dak Prescott, Phillip Rivers, and Jameis Winston
Stat of the Week #7:
Through 11 weeks, we have 3 1000 yard rushers and only 1 1000 yard receiver… and people say the running game is dead!
Quote of the Week:
“Sell the team, sell the team, sell the team” Redskins fans
Memes of the Week: