Ahhh, it’s good to be back. I with all the craziness that 2020 had to offer, it almost seemed like we had some normalness on Sunday. Being able to sit back in the fall, watch some football, and see the Lions choke and the Browns get crushed. ALL Back to normal
Week 1 Roundup:
- Somehow Gardner Minshew and Mitch Trubisky were the heroes for their team
- The Cardinals knocked off the defending NFC Champs on the road
- Brady had a pretty rough day for his first start in Tampa Bay
- The RedTails scored 27 unanswered points after being down 27-0
Rams new look:
I’m going to brag for a second, but wow is the new stadium amazing! Additionally, I wasn’t a huge fan of the logos or color scheme when it came out this spring, but after seeing them play I really like the new look. In fact, I liked them so much I bought a jersey already!
Everything from Andy Reid’s fogging up face shield, to masks on the sideline just seemed super weird on Sunday. But the NFL was able to make it work and get the players back on the field. The one thing I specifically noticed, was when I was focusing hard, you could tell the crowd noise was being piped in and fake. But then I would get sucked into the game, and a quarter would go by and would realize that everything seemed 100% normal.
Stat of the Week:
In his first game, Cam Newton broke the franchise record for rushing yards in a game.
Stat of the Week #2:
Brady has thrown a pick 6 in 3 straight games
Stat of the Week #3:
Gardner Minshew went 19/20, 95% Completion percentage, 3 TDs and a 142.3 passer rating
Stat of the Week #4:
The NFL tested nearly 5000 players, coaches, stadium personnel, etc on Saturday. ZERO Covid results.
Stat of the Week #5:
Yesterday, September 17th was the 100 year anniversary of the formation of the NFL. Also crazy, but the league was slated to start in 1918, but many players were fighting in WWI, and cities had banned large gatherings (sounds familiar) due to the Spanish Flu.
For the Record:
- I saw the scoreboard say “LV” and I was like “Who the hell is LV?!?!” Almost forgot the Raiders moved to Vegas
- I’m instantly regretting my pick having Green Bay miss the playoffs. I felt they completely botched the draft, but it’s clear they have enough weapons on offense
- Ron Rivera getting an IV at halftime due to his cancer, and coming back and coaching the team to a comeback. Tough dude.
- Adrian Peterson had 93 yards and 6.6 yards per carry in his Lions debut and about a week to learn the playbook
Quote of the Week:
“This looks to be a defensive matchup” Vikings commentator, before they combined for 77 points.
Quote of the Week #2:
“I’m pretty sure that was directed at me” Sean McVay, on the memo the NFL sent out Monday regarding masks
Games of the Week:
- Ravens at Texans
- Patriots at Seahawks
- Saints at Raiders (MNF, and opening of new stadium)
Memes of the Week:
This one is GENIUS because it simply took a picture of a common meme, and yet it makes perfect sense!!!
And yes, I can’t wait for this to be the meme of the year but now with masks!