FMQB: Bye Bye Bye
- I think the Chiefs blueprint officially figured out, it’s time of possession. Whether you can sustain that the entire game (or score enough to beat them), the Pats did it last year, the Colts last week, and the Texans this week. The Colts ran the ball 45 times last week, and the Texans ran it 41.
- I think Lions fans have a legit beef with the refereeing from Monday Night. If 1 of the 3 calls goes differently, the Lions win that game
- You also don’t see the NFL come out and admit to bad calls (like the NBA does). They did on the 2nd hands to the face by the Lions.
- Mason Crosby’s Lambeau Leap made me smile
- I know it’s all about being in the right place at the right time, but I think after this year Josh Rosen is done ever competing for a starting job.
- You could almost hear the NFL hold it’s collective breath when Patrick Mahomes went down.
- How do the Chargers lose at home to the a 3rd string QB
- Once again, the extra point rule makes the play exciting. Matt Bryant has to feel sick though.
Stat of the Week:
Teddy Bridgewater is 4-0 as a starter this year. Undrafted rookie Kyle Allen is 4-0. Jimmy Garrapolo, despite the 5 straight INT’s in practice and the brutal preseason, is still 13-2 as a starting QB in this league!
Stat of the Week #2:
Both the Rams and Chargers have equaled their loss total from last year, it’s Week 6…
Stat of the Week #3:
Josh Rosen and Ryan Fitzpatrick are last and 2nd to last in QB Rating. Even Luke Falk beat them out, same with Baker Mayfield with his 11 INT’s.
Stat of the Week #4:
The NFL went 3 months without a player getting arrested, which was actually the longest streak in 20 years.
Stat of the Week #5:
The Jets went 3 weeks without throwing a passing TD, to Darnold tossing 2 in his return from mono. Safe to say he might be the answer. And how the hell do the Cowboys go from Super Bowl favorites to losing to the 0-4 Jets?
Stat of the Week #6:
NFC South QB’s:
The parity in the NFC South has always been interesting. For 5 straight years in the early 2000s, the team that was in last place in the division went on to win the division the next year. Interesting to note that QB’s from the division that have made the Super Bowl (Brees, Ryan and Newton) are 2-8 this season. Meanwhile backup quarterbacks are 8-0! Let’s just not talk about Jameis Winston…
The NFL somehow went from dealing with this “when is a catch, a catch” debacle, and actually fixing it but at the same time burying themselves into a new “when is pass interference pass interference.”
I’d just like to point out that I called this during the preseason. Read this article about how maddening the Pass Interference rule has become.
The Dolphins are a dumpster fire this year, but you can’t accuse them of tanking anymore. The top pick was either going to be the Redskins or Dolphins, and they met on Sunday. The Dolphins had a chance to tie, but went for the win with a 2 point conversion. That is, unless you’re a conspiracy theorist and think they went for 2 to purposely fail.
Quote of the Week:
“Any other questions besides about Kirk Cousins?” Zach Brown of the Eagles, who called out Cousins earlier in the week. No dude!!! You had the guts to call someone out, you failed, now you can’t just pass the buck. Brown was cut a day later.
How this celebration hasn’t happened yet is beyond me, but well done Seattle! Bye Bye Bye
Dolphins: -1 (Does that make their record minus 1 and 5?!?!)
Memes of the Week: