FMQB: The Riverboat Sank
Wow, this season has flown by. We’re down to the final 4 games, and a few races are turning out to be really interesting!
For the Record:
- Just as a reminder, the Cowboys lost to the Jets, who just lost to the 0-11 Bengals.
- How are the Bears 6-6?!?! My guess would have been 3-9
- It is entirely feasible in the NFC for a 13-3 team to have a road playoff game, and a 7-9 team host one.
- The Redskins, at 3-9, actually have a shot at winning the division yet!
- Cowboys are somehow in 1st place in their division at 6-7.
- Is allowing fired coaches to hold press conferences a new thing? I seriously don’t remember any fired coach getting a chance to talk, and the last couple have. You could tell Ron Rivera was NOT happy, I kind of hope this becomes a thing…
Stat of the Week:
The Titans are 5-1 since Ryan Tannehill took over for the Titans, including wins over the Chiefs and Colts
Stat of the Week #2:
The Chargers have lost all 8 games by less than 1 score
Stat of the Week #3:
Jared Goff had 323 yards by halftime, which was more than he had in 8 of his 12 full games this season!
Stat of the Week #4:
Vinatieri was 1 for 4 on Field Goals, with one literally kicked into the belly of a rusher and returned for a TD
Stat of the Week #5:
Vinatieri has missed 14 FG’s in 12 games, which equaled his misses for his previous 2 seasons combined.
Stolen Stat of the Week #6:
The Eagles are 15-15 since winning the Super Bowl 22 months ago.
Stolen Stat of the Week #7:
The eight Chargers losses this year have been by 3, 7, 7, 7, 3, 2, 7 and 3 points.
Stolen Stat of the Week #8:
Justin Tucker has made 37 straight fourth-quarter field goals.
Stolen Stat of the Week #9:
The Saints sacked Matt Ryan 9 times on Thursday
Stat of the Week #10:
Stat of the Week #11:
Stat of the Week #12:
Xavier Rhodes was thrown at 5 times, and he gave up 5 completions for 105 yards and a TD.
Stat of the Week #13:
Lamar Jackson set the record for the most 100 yd rushing games by a QB in a season with 4. Mike Vick only did it 3 times in a season.
- I’m shocked that the Panthers fired Ron Rivera. They’ve had a backup QB all year and have shown surprising resilience
- If you disregard the penalty, the Falcons successfully converted 3 straight onside kicks!
- Taysom Hill ran for a TD, caught a TD pass, and blocked a punt. He even barely missed getting a passing TD in there as well!
- There’s no more winless teams.
- The Broncos had 1 play to get into FG range, and it was a 37 yard PI call.
- The Dolphins had one of the cooler trick plays of the season, with the Punter throwing it to the Kicker. It was the first Kicker with a TD pass since 1977
- Did anybody else see how annoying Russell Wilson sounded as a teammate when he was mic’d up on Monday? Full of clichés, awkward person, and he tried to get in the middle of the TD celebration and like didn’t understand what was going on.
- Hilarious that the Cardinals DB got banned for betting, and he bet against his own team and lost!
- After the Falcons had 3 straight onside kicks in a row, the Panthers also successfully converted, and the Patriots were a fingertip away from doing so.
Quote of the Week:
“We had an interception turned over by the Wizard of Oz.” Jon Gruden
Quote of the Week #2:
“Decaf Metcalf” Joe Tessitore
The Nick Foles experiment seems to be over. If people gripe about Kirk Cousins’ $98M salary, how about Nick Foles $88M. He’s basically played in 4 games this season, 3 TD’s, 2 INT’s. That’s some Sam Bradford TD/$$$ ratio right there!
Memes of the Week: