FMQB: Taylor Off-Center
Bit of a shorter post this week, but Week 6 has a slew of awesome matchups and hopefully a lot to talk about next week!
And Then there was One:
The Broncos and Eagles lost last week, which leaves the Minnesota Vikings as the last undefeated team of the year! Last year we had 5 teams that made it deep into the season at undefeated, so it’s a bit bizarre to only have 1. On the flip side, only the Browns have yet to win a game this year.
Mishap of the Week:
It was awesome watching Tyrod Taylor line up behind his Guard and not the Center. I was shocked that they actually snapped the ball! You’d think his running back would be like “Ummm, over there champ.” His right guard is even looking at him for the signal to snap it, you’d think he’d also realize he’s way off center (no pun intended). http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2668560-bills-qb-tyrod-taylor-mistakenly-lines-up-behind-left-guard-instead-of-center
Stat of the Week:
Aaron Rodgers has the worst completion percentage in the league, at 56.1%! On the flip side Brian Hoyer is 1st and Sam Bradford is 2nd.
Stat of the Week #2:
Ezekial Elliott has more rush yards than 23 other teams
Stat of the Week #3:
The Falcons are the 26th team to play the previous season’s Super Bowl participants (in consecutive games have you), but only the 3rd to beat both teams
Stat of the Week #4:
The Browns have had 5 different QB’s attempt a pass in their first 5 games. They could make a jersey just for this season!
Stat of the Week #5:
By Week 5, the Cowboys have already equaled their win total from last year
Surprising Stat of the Week #6:
Frank Gore just passed Jim Brown on the all time rushing list
Stat of the Week #7:
Despite Rodgers’ issues, Jordy Nelson has caught a pass in all 5 games he’s played in.
Back to the Future:
It’s time for guess the decade! *cue cheesy gameshow music* Each answer will involve a previous decade that correlates to stats from the 2016 season.
- The Bills, Raiders, and Redskins are all relevant!!! (and have won 3 in a row). Answer: 2016 and the early ‘90s
- If the Playoffs started today, the Raiders and Vikings would be the #1 Seed. Answer: 2016 and 1976 to be specific (met in Super Bowl XI).
- Philadelphia leading the league in fewest defensive points. Answer 2016 and 1991 (have seen in Top 10 defense lists)
- The only mistake the Patriots made in Brady’s return was a spike that slipped out of the hands of Martellus Bennett after scoring a TD. Flawless game
- Bills have rattled off 3 straight, against pretty decent teams (Patriots, Cardinals, Rams).
- Carson Wentz’ first INT was a rookie mistake. Needed a Field Goal, not a home run
- The Chargers, blew a lead AGAIN! Had a 16 yard punt, and then the punter botched a FG snap on the game winning kick. Needless to say the QB was holding for kicks last night.
- Cincinnati is a fluke, so is Carolina and Arizona. If the playoffs started today, 5 of the 12 teams that made it last year would be different. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 of these 3 teams pulls off a run here.
- The Falcons, Cowboys and Raiders are legit.
Quote of the Week:
“This is Romo’s team” Dak Prescott. Wow, the kid can’t do any wrong can he!
Quote of the Week #2:
“The Chargers are the only team who can be up 18 in the 4th quarter and their fan base is certain they’ll lose” Announcer. Their Week 5 loss, they had a 99.9% chance of winning. I also heard a stat that their 3 blown 4th quarter leads was statistically probably 1 in 30 million times.
Games of the week:
Big slate this week of Divisional Matchups or several winning teams
Eagles at Redskins: Both teams trying to keep up with Dallas in this tight division
Bengals at Patriots: Bengals are still good, and this could be a hard fought game
Falcons at Seahawks: Offense vs. Defense. Could have playoff implications
Cowboys at Packers: Could be a tough test for both teams, with Packers staunch defense but struggling offense
Colts at Texans: Winner of this game moves to 1st in the division, with an important tie breaker
Avid FMQB readers will remember my Counter that said “It has been __ Days since our last arrest.” I think I’m going to revive that for Browns wins since “The Guarantee” by Terrelle Pryor. Although it may be short lived, this is the easiest game they have for the rest of the season.
The Browns are 0-2 since Terrelle Pryor exclaimed “We can Win out”