FMQB: Short, Sweet and Late
Ugh, this years injuries are insane. Carson Wentz going down became the 16th team (half the league!) who have had season ending injuries or benchings. They were Super Bowl favorites until this week. He tore his ACL and stayed in the game for 4 plays, including throwing a TD. I vaguely remember Phillip Rivers doing the same thing several years back, but this is unheard of. That’s North Dakota tough.
- Apparently diving at a player’s knees during the victory formation and then trying to climb into the stands to fight a fan doesn’t warrant a suspension anymore….
- My second point about this, is that we’re hearing how egregious the fans’ actions were to throw drinks onto the field, yet nobody is talking about both Bennett and Jefferson literally trying to end a lineman’s season and inflict both physical and financial
- The NFL will never get any credibility regarding the safety of its players if they don’t start enforcing concussion protocol rules. Tom Savage’s incident was, well, savage. But they need to be able to take out Russell Wilson caliber players if they suspect concussions.
- The Pittsburgh Ravens game was one of the better ones of the year. 39-38 against bitter rivals.
- How did the Patriots lose on Monday night? Looks like that Gronk suspension actually meant something.
- Packers almost lost to the Browns, needed a 14 point comeback just to take it into OT! But Aaron Rodgers is back baby!!!
Stat of the Week:
After taking the league by storm, Kareem Hunt ran for his first TD since Week 3.
Stat of the Week #2:
Roethlisberger became the first QB in NFL history with 3 games of 500+ yards.
Stat of the Week #3:
If Antonio Brown averages 151.6 yards over the last 3 games (a mark he’s done 5 times already this season), he would break the receiving record.
Brutal Stat of the Week #4:
Eli Manning has started 211 of the past 212 games. Wow Fox, that was a bit harsh
Stolen Stat of the Week #5:
Brett Hundley has more OT wins (2-0) as a Packer than Aaron Rodgers (1-7).
Stat of the Week #6:
With the Patriots and Vikings win streaks coming to an end, we now have the Steelers with the longest win streak at 8, followed by the Chargers at 4, then Jaguars, Packers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Broncos, and 49ers for the third longest win streaks. Yes, you read those teams right.
Let it Snow:
Snow Bowls like that come around every 5 years or so, and are always awesome to see. Six inches of snow fell between kickoff and the end of the game! The Vinatieri kick brought me back to my childhood (although those weren’t great memories as they’d go on to beat the Rams in the Super Bowl). But it was almost amusing to watch LeSean McCoy trudging through the snow on his walkoff TD. A 43 yard PAT to tie the game in the snow is also epic. It was so wide that the Bills players started cheering, but hooked back in.
Quote of the Week:
“Now if this was a regular game, there’d be a yellow line there. But in this case, it’d be yellow snow. And nobody wants that.” NFL RedZone host Scott Hanson
Games of the Week:
Rams vs. Seahawks- battle for the division
Patriots vs. Steelers- battle for home field in the playoffs
Meme of the Week:
To preface, I’ve been making fun of the Eagles a lot the last two weeks, but I don’t have any ill will towards them; in fact I root for Carson Wentz and the team. These are just humourous.
Meme of the Week #2: