FMQB: Short, Sweet and Late
Ugh, this years injuries are insane. Carson Wentz going down became the 16th team (half the league!) who have had season ending injuries or benchings. They were Super Bowl favorites until this week. He tore his ACL and stayed in the game for 4 plays, including throwing a TD. I vaguely remember Phillip Rivers doing the same thing several years back, but this is unheard of. That’s North Dakota tough.
- Apparently diving at a player’s knees during the victory formation and then trying to climb into the stands to fight a fan doesn’t warrant a suspension anymore….
- My second point about this, is that we’re hearing how egregious the fans’ actions were to throw drinks onto the field, yet nobody is talking about both Bennett and Jefferson literally trying to end a lineman’s season and inflict both physical and financial
- The NFL will never get any credibility regarding the safety of its players if they don’t start enforcing concussion protocol rules. Tom Savage’s incident was, well, savage. But they need to be able to take out Russell Wilson caliber players if they suspect concussions.
- The Pittsburgh Ravens game was one of the better ones of the year. 39-38 against bitter rivals.
- How did the Patriots lose on Monday night? Looks like that Gronk suspension actually meant something.
- Packers almost lost to the Browns, needed a 14 point comeback just to take it into OT! But Aaron Rodgers is back baby!!!
This week’s article will be focusing 100% on football, and not politics. Because that’s why I and millions of other Americans watch this game; for entertainment purposes. Everybody has and is entitled to their opinions. Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, it’s an opinion about what you think is right. And that folks, is the most I’ll say about this subject the entirety of the season. Now on to Football!
Crazy week of upsets:
Apparently the Thursday night game was a precursor to the surprises we’d see on Sunday! Jags blowing out the Ravens, Bills over Broncos, Bears over Steelers, Vikings with a backup QB dominating the Bucs, Jets over Dolphins, Saints blowing out undefeated Panthers, and Redskins over the Raiders. We also came dang close to the Bengals knocking off the Packers, and the Texans taking out the Patriots.
It’s Week 3, I get it, it’s early. But still!
- Bills are 2-1 and technically in 1st place in their division
- Jaguars are 2-1, tied for first
- Giants are 0-3, team many had making a deep playoff run
- Vikings are 2-1 with their QB only playing in 1 game
- Rams are 2-1, alone in 1st place in their division
- Seahawks are 1-2
Kind of a rough week, only 2 games were within 3 points (Steelers and Broncos), otherwise every other matchup was at least a TD difference. But Week 1 is always about getting the kinks out, and we’ve got some good divisional matchups coming up as well as an NFC Championship rematch.
- Carson Wentz’ evasion of the sack and TD toss to Nelson Agholor was insane.
- Watching Matt Ryan slip, nearly get sacked, and toss an 88 yd TD to slow as molasses Austin Hooper was also insane.
- Get ready to see more Tarik Cohen in Chicago, wow was he impressive!
- The Bears really hung in there against a Super Bowl caliber team. In fact they should have won
- Felt like I noticed the Cardinals were handling the Lions, and then the next time I looked the Lions had scored 28 points
- Feel bad for Houston, so much energy to start the game, but they fell completely flat
- Cole Beasley’s catch behind back. Not catch of the year material, but still have never seen anything like it before
For the Record:
- Had the Bears completed their comeback against the Falcons, the media would have had a field day!
- The look in Adrian Peterson’s eyes behind Sean Payton. Scary
- For all the talk the Patriots had about their Super Bowl comeback, they sure emptied the stadium quick with the game not out of hand.
- On the same wavelength, there sure was a lot of 19-0 talks about the Patriots this offseason, that was quieted in less than 3 hours.
- 3 points for offensive genius Kyle Shanahan’s debut.