Kind of a rough week, only 2 games were within 3 points (Steelers and Broncos), otherwise every other matchup was at least a TD difference. But Week 1 is always about getting the kinks out, and we’ve got some good divisional matchups coming up as well as an NFC Championship rematch.
- Carson Wentz’ evasion of the sack and TD toss to Nelson Agholor was insane.
- Watching Matt Ryan slip, nearly get sacked, and toss an 88 yd TD to slow as molasses Austin Hooper was also insane.
- Get ready to see more Tarik Cohen in Chicago, wow was he impressive!
- The Bears really hung in there against a Super Bowl caliber team. In fact they should have won
- Felt like I noticed the Cardinals were handling the Lions, and then the next time I looked the Lions had scored 28 points
- Feel bad for Houston, so much energy to start the game, but they fell completely flat
- Cole Beasley’s catch behind back. Not catch of the year material, but still have never seen anything like it before
For the Record:
- Had the Bears completed their comeback against the Falcons, the media would have had a field day!
- The look in Adrian Peterson’s eyes behind Sean Payton. Scary
- For all the talk the Patriots had about their Super Bowl comeback, they sure emptied the stadium quick with the game not out of hand.
- On the same wavelength, there sure was a lot of 19-0 talks about the Patriots this offseason, that was quieted in less than 3 hours.
- 3 points for offensive genius Kyle Shanahan’s debut.