FMQB: Gano Lo Gano! Gano Lo Gano!
Bit of a shorter week, but trying something new to attain my goal of not doing long, drawn out paragraphs. Here’s a quick highlight section:
Week 5 Highlights:
- Marshawn hasn’t lost anything. He almost had another Saints like run even though it was blown dead.
- Saquon Barkley seriously looks like Barry Sanders 2.0 out there, and I don’t think that’s crowning him too early
- I was as surprised as you to see the Bills beat the Titans, and the Browns beat the Ravens
- The Browns nearly tied AGAIN! There has never been a team with 2 ties before
- The Vikings eeked one out this week, I like most pegged the Philly game for a sure loss. Their schedule gets easier, so look out NFC North
- That’s because the Packers are imploding. Crosby missing 4 FG’s, and Xtra point, 13 pts off the board when they lost by 8
- The 63 yarder by Gano was beautiful, and it would have been good from 70
- Odell Beckham looks like a whiny toddler on the sidelines. I wonder if he regrets signing that huge contract
Drew Brees record:
The NFL schedule makers did a marvelous job putting the Saints in primetime the game that Brees would break the record. I was off by a quarter, he was so dominant that he had his 201 yards well before halftime. The record breaking TD almost looked like the Redskins let him have it, it brought up memories of Strahans sack on Favre where he basically laid down when Strahan broke through. Either way, nice way to cap off a top notch career. There are haters out there, saying Brees gets at a minimum 9 dome games a year, and that he’s really only had the 1 Super Bowl run. Perhaps he’ll be compared to Marino, but I think you put him in top 5 QB’s of all time for sure, with Manning, Brady, Montana, and Elway.
Stat of the Week #1:
The Browns have already played in 3 OT games this year (through 5), and they’re 1-1-1 in those games
Stat of the Week #2:
Drew Brees went from 3rd to 2nd on the all time leading yardage mark by throwing a TD. 1 Quarter later, he went from 2nd to 1st on the all time list by throwing a TD. Brees also had a stat line of 26/29, 363 yards, 3 TD’s and 0 INT’s, and that wasn’t enough for a perfect rating. He had 153.2.
Stat of the Week #3:
On the first play from scrimmage, Josh Rosen tossed a 75 yard TD. The entire rest of the game on 24 more attempts, he put up only 95 yards
Stat of the Week #4:
TJ Watt and JJ Watt are in a brother vs. brother battle for the sack lead, both are tied for 1st with 6 sacks a piece.
Stat of the Week #5:
The Cowboys are 18 of their last 19 when going for it on 4th and 1, yet decided to punt in OT
Stat of the Week #6:
Adam Thielen got a $500 scholarship to play D3 football, wasn’t invited to the combine, went undrafted, and just became the first WR ever to start a season with 5 straight 100+ yard receiving games.
Stat of the Week #7:
The 49ers became the first team to pick up 30 first downs, hold their opponent to 10 or fewer first downs, but still lose by double digits.
- All rookie QB’s went 4-0 this week after going 0-4 last week
- DeShaun Watson got nailed 3 good times trying to get it in the endzone
- The Cardinals were the last winless team to get a win, meaning the Browns and Lions can pop the champagne
- In back to back weeks, Matt Patricia has taken out Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.
For the Record:
- There was a flag for taunting after Drew Brees broke the record. Seriously?
- The Browns have a better record than the defending Super Bowl Champs
- The NFC East is up for the taking, and a 7-9 team could win that division. Just painful to watch the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles or Redskins play
- All Brees got for breaking the record was a lame certificate
- “Gano” in Spanish actually means “Won.” Proof the NFL is rigged…
Speaking of Which:
The Spanish call of the game winning field goal is classic! Take a listen:
The announcer is saying “Gano Lo Gano” which means “Gano won it”
Days of Yore:
So I heard a comment and forgot about an old FMQB bit I used to do. Remember the “it has been 7 days since the last NFL arrest?” I realized I haven’t used that in awhile! Apparently arrests are down significantly, with over 70 happening in 2017 but closer to 30 this year. Wonder what the change is?
Games of the Week:
Steelers at Bengals- Chance to see if the Bengals are legit this year
Chiefs at Patriots- Could easily be an AFC Championship pre-cursor
Dophins vs. Bears- Yes, somehow this is a Game of the Week, and at the end one of these teams will have 4 wins.
Meme of the Week:
Meme of the Week #2: