FMQB: QB Perfection
Week 12 Highlights:
- Utterly shocked that the Cowboys felled the mighty Saints. They held them to 10 points. The Saints had scored 10 points in 12 of last 20 QUARTERS.
- The Bears won, on the road, a division rivalry, and with a backup QB. Feels like everything is going right for them this year.
- After starting 0-3, the Texans are actually in the “Elite” conversation
- The Bengals started off so strong, but now with Dalton on IR you have to wonder if Marvin Lewis finally gets the Axe.
- Lot of QB’s down now, Flacco, Dalton, Alex Smith, Bortles,
Stat of the Week:
Since Hue Jackson left Cleveland, Baker Mayfield has thrown 9 TD’s to 1 INT
Stat of the Week #2:
Dan Carlson was 1 for 4 on FG’s with the Vikings, and is 7 for 8 since
Stat of the Week #3:
For the 3rd consecutive week, a team has put up 500+ yards and lost.
Stat of the Week #4:
Phillip Rivers record 25 passes to start a game, perfect. He ended 28 for 29, for an NFL record 96.6% completion percentage. You also know you’re old but dedicated when you remember watching Mark Brunell set the record with the Redskins, and David Carr with the Texans
Stat of the Week #5:
Brady passed Peyton Manning for the most all time passing yards, and is now the first person to accumulate 80,000 yards total offense
Stat of the Week #6:
Drew Brees is on pace to demolish the single season record for passer rating. Aaron Rodgers 2011 campaign gave him 122.5, Brees currently is at 127.3 with 5 games remaining. In fact, if the season ended today, 4 QBs would be in the Top 10 (Rivers, Goff and Mahomes are on the all time leader board). Which is crazy since in 2017 nobody cracked the top 50.
Follow up Stat:
Lamar Jackson ran it 26 times for his first start. Michael Vick, the quintessential running QB never had more than 15 attempts in his entire career. That truly surprised me.
Stolen Stat #7:
The NFL’s Final Four in 2017 (Philadelphia, New England, Minnesota, Jacksonville) has a combined record of 22-21-1.
For the Record:
- The 4 longest win streaks currently are Texans, Bears, Colts, Cowboys. None of which made the playoffs last year
- The Packers have lost 8 straight road games, yet Aaron Rodgers expects to win at the Bears as a part of his plan to make the playoffs.
- It’s officially December (or will be tomorrow), and the Browns are only 1.5 games out of the playoffs right now.
- Amari Cooper is proving people wrong, he has been an excellent pickup for Dallas
- What does $54 million get you nowadays? A 60% completion percentage with 17 turnovers, a 46.8 QBR, and 3 wins in 11 games. That Blake Bortles contract was brutal.
- In the span of 1 week, people were calling for Jason Garrett’s head, to now if the playoffs started today Dallas would host a playoff game.
- I would NOT want to play the Colts, Seahawks, or Cowboys in the playoffs. They all are hot teams going into the final stretch
- I think I may have crowned Nick Mullens a bit too early
- Apparently the refs on Thursday night’s game had 148 years of combined experience. They blew a ton of calls.
Changing of the Guard:
Something that’s rarely discussed is the change of team ownership. In the past 12 months however, this is happening to a large percentage of the league and could have a few repurcussions on the future of the game. Carolina, Seattle, New Orleans, LA Chargers, Pittsburgh, now Houston have all had ownership changes or deaths.
More QB Perfection:
In Monday night’s game, there was 2:15 left in the 2nd quarter before an incomplete pass was thrown by either QB. For Phillip Rivers, there was 5:59 left in the 3rd quarter before he threw an incomplete pass.
Memes of the Week: