FMQB: C’mon Finland!
2 more weeks left! The playoff picture is starting to form, with the Packers, Giants (yes I said it), Dolphins, and Broncos basically losing their chance to extend at this point. Another fairly surprising week, with the Seahawks, Patriots, and Rams getting upset.
- Browns take out Broncos on the road, eliminating them from playoff hopes
- Is Nick Foles like the biggest known secret in the NFL? He is 4-1 in his last 5 starts, including taking down the 2017 Falcons, winning the NFC Championship, Winning the Super Bowl, winning opening weekend, and now taking down the high powered Rams.
- Bears clinch first division title since 2010, went from worst to first
- Colts blank Cowboys, their first shutout since 2003 (which is surprising, they’ve basically been mediocre this whole time).
- 49ers shock the Seahawks
- Steelers give Patriots their 2nd straight loss
Stat of the Week #1:
Despite not starting Weeks 1 and 2, Baker Mayfield has more passing yards than Russell Wilson, Mitch Trubisky, and Marcus Mariota. Mayfield also has more TD’s than Matthew Stafford, Derek Carf, Eli Manning, Dak Prescott, Case Keenum, and Mariota. Fewer INT’s than Andrew Luck, Roethlisberger, Goff, Newton, and Trubisky. And a better rating than Manning, Mariota, Stafford, Dalton, and Alex Smith.
Stat of the Week #2:
The stat line for Derek Henry’s last 2 games, 408 yards rushing and 6 TD’s. Before Week 14, Henry was 28th on the rushing list, but has jumped to 11th.
Stat of the Week #3:
The difference a defense makes: The 49ers have a measly 2 INT’s this season, while the Bears have 26!
Stat of the Week #4:
Stat to Watch: The Saints are 68% kicking Field Goals, and a league worse 86% on extra points. Something to potentially watch come playoff time…
Stat of the Week #5:
The Jags had 43 offensive plays and a total of 20 yards passing.
Stat of the Week #6:
The Browns are 4-2 since Gregg Williams took over. That means it took 6 games for Gregg Williams to surpass the number of wins that Hugh Jackson had the previous 40.
Stat of the Week #7:
Stat to watch: Adrian Peterson is 78 yards shy of a 1000 yard season, and will pass Eric Dickerson to become 8th all time in rushing yards.
Headline of the Week:
“Raiders Power Rankings shoot up after Nathan Peterman signing” The Onion
For the Record:
- The Patriots scored a TD on the 3rd offensive snap, and didn’t get in the endzone the rest of the day.
- Remember the Titans came out 19 years ago. How in the world is this the first time the Titans team has done that celebration?!?!
- Something seriously wrong with New England. Both Brady and Gronk don’t look like their normal selves
- Something is also seriously wrong with Jared Goff. After being in the MVP race (and still making the Pro Bowl), in his last 3 games he’s 72-131 for 1 TD and 7 INT’s.
- Despite the last minute FG, the Redskins Jags matchup had to have been the worst of the season. A team with a 4th string QB beat Cody Kessler who only threw it 17 times.
- Seriously, the Raiders actually signed Nathan Peterman?!?! Although the thinking behind if makes sense, that makes Derek Carr look like a GOD compared to his backup. It’s about the same discrepancy between Drew Brees and myself, and that’s not exaggerating because Peterman has only 3 more TD’s but 12 more INT’s than I have.
Quote of the Week:
“Christmas comes at an inconvenient time, right in the middle of the football season” Bill Belichick
Quote and Stat of the Week:
“There were nine mistakes ahead of me” Josh Rosen. Um, looks like there may have been one. Only Josh Allen has a worse passer rating on the season.
So I get to see stats on where the blog reaches and how many clicks I get. Honestly, I enjoy doing it enough for the 12 avid readers to continue doing it, but diving in and looking at the reach that one guy who’s a bit more than a casual football fan can have, is truly remarkable. Not that they’re earth shattering numbers, but look at this map. People from every country that isn’t grey have clicked or read my article. Thank you for everybody who have given me 8 years! I plan on continuing, just humbled to see this. Although what the hell Finland?!?!
Memes of the Week: