Catching up on 2 weeks again here
Week 4 recap:
- Brady has won more games this year in Foxboro than the Patriots have
- Brady has now beat all 32 teams, just the 4th person to do so
- When Brady was legally old enough to enjoy his first beer, Mac Jones hadn’t been born yet
- Having the Pats game end with a FG off the uprights was crazy. Mac Jones held his all though, he kept them toe to toe with the Super Bowl champs
- Geno Smith was responsible for more points in 1 Quarter, than Russel Wilson was in 3
- The Giants and Jets have finally won, the Cardinals are the last undefeated team
- The Bills had their 2nd shutout in 4 games, a feat that hadn’t happened since the 2000 Ravens. They have also scored 40 points in consecutive games; that’s scary!
- Sam Darnold is leading the league in Rushing TD’s
- The “Double Punt” was probably the worst field position missed call by a ref in history. Difference was easily a 70 yard change.
Craziest Stat of All Time
Tom Brady has thrown 155 TD’s since turning 40. To put this in perspective, Hall of Fame Quarterbacks Bart Starr and Roger Staubach threw fewer TD’s than that in their entire career! Also Brady has thrown more TD’s since turning 40 than Daunte Culpepper, Patrick Mahomes, Archie Manning, Jim McMahon, and Doug Flutie’s 19 year career. Just wow!
Stats of the Week:
- The Browns were the first team to score 40+ points, have 500+ yards, have 0 turnovers, and lose the game
- Mahomes has thrown 6 INT’s through 5 games. He had 6 or less INT’s the entire season for both years he took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl
- Lamar Jackson (a running back) has the best completion percentage by a QB who threw for over 400 yds with 86%
- For the 1st time in his career, Brady threw for 5 TD’s and 400 yards. He’s 45 years old!!!
- The Bills have scored 35 pts in 4 straight games, only 2nd time in team history. This on top of their crazy defense stats.
- The Bills also have a 100 point, point differential through 5 games, which is only the 9th time ever. They have outscored their last 4 opponents 156-41
- Lions are 1st team in NFL history to lose 2 games by a 50+ yard FG on the final play of regulation
- The Colts were 120-0 when leading by 16 points in the 4th quarter
- In the Chargers Browns shootout, they had 403 combined yards in the 4th Quarter alone!!! The Chargers scored 26 points in the 4th, and had a combined 41 points in the 4th quarter.
Packers Bengals play by play:
After the Bengals tied the game at 22. Possessions looked like this
GB- Missed FG
CIN- Missed FG
GB- Missed FG
GB- Missed FG
CIN- Missed FG
GB- Game winning FG
Chargers Browns Play by Play:
This game looked a bit different, here’s the 4th quarter alone!
For the Record:
- How in the hell are the Bears 3-2 right now?
- Sheesh, how many times are the Vikings going to make grown men cry this season, at least it wasn’t Vikings fans this time
- Urban Meyer will be fired after Sunday’s game, mark my words
Greatest QB list?
So I was looking at the career of Emmanuel Sanders, and the number of top notch QB’s he’s played with. Sanders has been on teams with Ben Roethlisberger (2 Super Bowl wins), Peyton Manning (2 Super Bowl wins), then Jimmy Garropolo but it was their Super Bowl year, then Drew Brees (1 Super Bowl but tons of records) and now Josh Allen who is an up and coming star. You almost feel bad for the guys like Calvin Johnson, you can only imagine what his career could have looked like with a better QB (or lets face it, Stafford is proving it was more of the organization).
Here are my thoughts on Gruden. I think Adam Schefter summed it up perfectly, he may have survived the first email about DeMaurice Smith, but the subsequent emails essentially offended every group out there. The NFL literally has “End Racism” painted in every endzone, and there’s essentially no way the NFL could have justified keeping him on after what was released. I’m sure Gruden was offered to either resign or be fired. I think the question came into play due to the fact he wasn’t an NFL employee when the emails were sent, if he was on a team I don’t think he would have made it until Monday. On a further note, I think the email scandal will finally lead to Dan Snyder being out as owner of the Redskins. It will take time, but this will be the catalyst.
Memes of the Week: