FMQB: The Only Person who should be benched is McAdoo’s Barber!
I swear on everything Holy I wrote this on Monday!
“One really has to wonder if Eli Manning will be a Giant next year. QB’s like Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor, Jameis Winston, Jacoby Brissett, and Ryan Fitzpatrick all have better passer ratings than Manning. He would be 37 going into next season, I think there’s a high likelihood he either retires, or sticks around to groom a top 3 pick in the draft.”
I promise you I wrote that on Monday before the news! He was officially benched on Tuesday. In my opinion, this is complete crap. First off, you’re not going to learn anything new or get reps for a QB you’ve never seen before (Geno has been a starter for multiple years). Second, it’s Week 13 and they’re officially out of the playoff race. Third, this is your franchise QB and one who has brought you two Lombardi trophies. You owe it to him and his 13 year career not to end his streak of starts. Just let him ride out the season, and have a closed door meeting with him saying that he’s not your franchise QB, and they can either trade or release him. This action alone makes McAdoo’s firing justified.
- Rams have a tough schedule to end the year, but pretty surprised to see them knock off the 8 game win-streaking Saints.
- Wow, the Chiefs have fallen on hard times.
- I’m no doctor, but Aaron Rodgers sure seemed like he could throw the ball fine going into Sunday night.
- In 3 plays, Garrapolo had the first TD for the 49ers after Beathard played the entire game. Just saying…
- Two surprises of the week: Cardinals and Blaine Gabbert knocking off the Jaguars, and the Packers playing tough against the Steelers and barely losing.
- You have Antonio Brown and Julio Jones on one level, and then there’s every other receiver in the league.