FMQB: Basically here for the Memes this week
Shorter post this week, basically just here for the memes!
- I would say I’m shocked but not surprised that Bill Obrien was fired from the Texans. He won 4 division titles in his 5 years of coaching, and 3 different QB’s won him those titles. I think the GM status was above him, also surprising we’re 4 games into the season.
- Wow Cleveland! Putting up 49 points on the Cowboys!
- Joe Burrow got his first win
- COVID went 3 weeks without rearing it’s ugly head, but this week we had the Titans, Patriots, Saints, and now Jets all with positives.
- I did call it, and say that one team would turn into the Miami Marlins of the NFL. 22 players/staff have tested positive.
- There is already talk about shortening the season, playing in a bubble, and choosing playoff teams by Win Percentage if teams end up not playing a full season.
- Up to 4 postponed games so far in the past 2 weeks
Quarter season review:
- The Bills are alone in 1st place in the AFC East, and have a 2 game lead on everybody else
- Colts, Browns and Steelers (all with 3 wins) are my AFC surprises, although the 0-4 Texans are in there as well
- The Eagles are WINNING THEIR DIVISION with a 1-2-1 record
- Bears and Bucs are my NFC surprises, Vikings on the negative side
- The Cowboys are essentially 1 failed play away from being 0-4
Stat of the Week:
The Browns rushed for 307 yards on Sunday
Stat of the Week #2:
Despite being the most pass happy league in NFL history, 2019 and 2020 have seen 2 of the top 4 team rushing yards in the first 4 games of a season (Ravens last year, Browns this year)
Memes of the Week: