Well for the first week in seemingly forever, both Primetime games were gems and probably the best of the week.
Chargers Saints, I’ll admit when the Chargers were up 20-3 in the 2nd, I told myself if the Saints didn’t score before halftime I was turning it off. They did, and then came back in the 2nd half to win. Chargers also had a FG to tie the game hit the upright.
Seahawks Vikings game was also a bit of a shock to see MIN clearly in control for most of the game. The turning point for sure was the 4th and 1 MIN faced with less than 2 minutes left. You either kick a chip shot FG to go up 8, or you go for the win to milk the clock. I’d say I like the call, it’s gutsy, but you likely have the odds on your side. But they missed and SEA was able to drive down and score a TD with seconds left, converting a 4th and 10 on their way.
- Multiple thoughts on Dak’s injury. First, was gruesome to look at, yikes. 2nd, you feel bad about the money negotiations prior to the season. He basically took a risk for another year with the tag to get a Mahomes-like contract, and this is how it ends.
- Justin Herbert is MUCH better than the Chargers record indicates. He’s one of the more solid rookies we’ve seen in the last several years. Herbert has also had some heartbreaking losses. He’s 0-4, but losses have been 3, 5, 7 and 3 points
- Alex Smith back on the field after a Dak’like injury 2 years ago was crazy to see. He actually had a moment where death was a possible outcome
- 8 games were rescheduled due to COVID. It was essentially a domino effect of how one team pushed back the schedules for everybody else.
- Wow, Michael Thomas was suspended for MNF. Rare to see for a top player
- Only the 2nd time since the 40s that we got Tuesday Night Football
- The Raiders over Chiefs?!?!
- The Dolphins also took down the NFC Champs. It was so bad they benched Garrapolo
For the Record:
- The Browns are 4-1
- The NFC South should be a fun division to watch. The Panthers, Saints and Bucs are all tied at 3-2
- At 1-3-1, the Eagles are essentially the favorite in the division. Seeing as Dak is injured, the Giants are winless, and the Redskins have had 3 QB’s in 5 games, At 1-3-1!!!!!!
Stats of the Week:
- The Jets and Giants are a combined 0-10
- Dak Prescott was leading the league in passing yards before he got injured
- Matt LaFleur is 17-3 in his first 20 games, which is 2nd best in NFL history
- LeVeon Bell was paid $28M for 17 games. Or more disturbingly, he got paid $32,445 PER YARD as a Jet.
Games of the Week:
Browns at Steelers: Heavy division rivals at a combined 8-1
Packers at Buccaneers: Rodgers vs. Brady
Chiefs at Bills: Playoff preview here? Combined 8-2, and were both 4-0 before last week.
Memes of the Week: