FMQB went deep into his crystal ball, and after 8 years of terrible predictions, had another one for the ages! I had Tua taking over as QB, TO THE WEEK! Before the season I said he’d beat out Fitzpatrick by Week 6! Last time I had a prediction this spot on was when Donovan McNabb was a Viking! This might be enough to keep me going a few extra years, although I suppose even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- The Redtails, Eagles and Texans all lost games this week by attempting 2pt conversions when unnecessary and failing
- The Eagles are winning their division at 2-4-1, yet have 21 other teams in the league with a better record
- I mentioned Justin Herbert’s heartbreaking losses last week, but Joe Burrow has also been very competitive in some games. The 3 losses and the Tie have all essentially been a play or two from going the Bengals way. Not that there are moral victories in the NFL (but perhaps future hope), but the Bengals are a few good bounces away from being a 5-1 team.
- The Patriots are under .500 this far into the season for the first time in 18 years
- The Packers hadn’t turned the ball over until Sunday
- Does the Jets’ “Butt Interception” do anything to make up for the Butt Fumble?
Stat of the Week:
There have now been 7 teams who were down 16+ points who came back to win a game this year.
Stat of the Week #2:
Derrick Henry had 212 rushing yards on Sunday
Stat of the Week #3:
Dak Prescott hasn’t played in 1 ½ games, and is still leading the league in passing yards
Stat of the Week #4:
Josh Allen has more yards and more TD’s than Patrick Mahomes. Derek Carr has a higher passer rating than Mahomes.
With all the talk about Fitzmagic, I will say I think the Dolphins did him dirty on this one. He was 5th in Completion %, 7th in QBR, and Top 10 in TD’s. He also had his team 2nd in the division (and ahead of the Patriots). Typically a benching would happen with poor play, but he’s been a top 10 QB this year.
Interesting tidbit from Big Ben that I hadn’t thought about. He said the offense has backed the huddle up a few yards, because without fans it’s so quiet he needs to make sure the defense can’t hear the call.
Memes of the Week: