FMQB: Brady = GOAT
I can’t believe I’m ending the season saying this yet again, but Brady is going out on top. To go to a brand new team and skip the rebuilding phase and go straight to a Super Bowl title is rare if not non-existent as it is, but for a 43 year old QB to do it is insane. It’s safe to say that Brady wasn’t just a system QB in NE, that it was due to him and his leadership that brought in 6 (and now 7) Championships. I’m done fighting it, it’s true. Brady is the Greatest of All Time.
Super Bowl LV:
The game wasn’t even close, the Bucs defense held Mahomes’ offense without a TD. That had never happened in his entire high school, college or pro career. That stat alone tells you why the Bucs won, but here are a few key observations.
- The Chiefs goal line stand in 2nd was insane, that seemed like the turning point in the game to me where momentum could shift. Instead of 14-3 or 10-3, it was still a 4 point game.
- In the 2nd quarter again, momentum shifted. Brady was picked off but it came back due to a flag on a non-involved player. Then they settled for a FG, but KC lined up offsides so TB got a 3rd chance and ended up scoring a TD. There’s another 7 point swing that could have changed th tide if the original pick had stayed.
- Like in the Packer game, Brady led the Bucs to a last second first half TD. The Chiefs calling timeouts in anticipation of getting the ball back with time. Ending up punting, the Bucs went 71 yards in 55 seconds. 2 Huge Pass Interference calls helped, one in the endzone to put the ball at the 1.
- The game really came down to something as simple as the Chiefs’ offensive line injuries and issues. Mahomes was running for his life the entire game
- Gronk really didn’t seem to do a lot this season, but turned it on in this game for 2 TD’s. His first, where he slipped on his side of the line of scrimmage for an open TD was interesting, that’s a Run blocking move. He said he’s done that move a thousand times in his career, and never for a pass play.
- The game proved that no matter how good a player is, he needs a team to carry him. The 4th down play where he scrambled and threw while horizontal to the ground hit his receiver in the endzone in the hands! It was one of the best throws I’ve ever seen, and all for nought.
- As Tyreek Hill torched Tampa in the first game and threw up the peace sign and then backflipped in front of Antione Winfield Jr., it’s hard to get mad at Winfield returning the favor and taking the penalty.
Stats of the Week:
- Mahomes ran for 496 yards before throwing or being sacked
- For the 1st time in his 10 Super Bowl appearances, Brady scored a TD in the 1st
- Gronk became the 1st player with a Reception in at least 5 Super Bowls
- 14 of the last 20 Super Bowls have had either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, and Manning has been retired for 5 years
- Tom Brady has 21 TD’s and over 3000 yards passing. In his Super Bowl career!!!
- Jason Pierre Paul is 8-0 in the playoffs
- Tom Brady has more Super Bowls than any franchise, more than the Pats and the Steelers. He also has more Super Bowls than 18 Franchises combined
- In the Super Bowl, Tom Brady is 1-0 against the AFC, 3-0 against the NFC West, 2-0 against the NFC South, and 1-3 against the NFC East.
- Only 3 QB’s have ever thrown 50 passing TD’s in a season, and all 3 were in the stadium Sunday. Brady and Mahomes were on the field, and Manning in the stands.
- LeSean McCoy has more Super Bowl rings than Rodgers and Brees, and has never played a snap in either game
For the Record:
- Say what you want about Brady, but he went through Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes to win the Super Bowl this year. Hardly a fluke
- Budweiser “we’re not going to advertise in the Super Bowl this year and donate that money to vaccine awareness.” Also Budweiser “Have you tried these 17 versions of our fruity seltzer, or our light beer?”
- That might have been the first time we’ve seen Brady drunk. The first time I saw the video of him throwing the Lombardi trophy from one boat to the other I held my breath, that thing would have sunk like an anchor!
- Not saying it means anything, but for the record, female ref Sarah Thomas does have a son named Brady…