FMQB: Tripped on the 41 yard line
Week 10 Highlights:
- Shocked is an understatement, to see the Cowboys beat the Eagles at home.
- Shocked for a 2nd time to see not only the Patriots lose to the Titans, but get demolished
- Shocked for a 3rd time to turn on the 2nd half of 49ers vs. Giants and actually watch a very good game!
- The Rams’ emotions are going to lose them some games, almost did on Sunday
- Dang Cleveland!
- Dang Matt Barkley!
Stat of the Week:
The Bucs became the 2nd team ever to have over 500 yards of offense, but only rack up 3 points
Stat of the Week #2:
We’re through Week 10, and Patrick Mahomes already has the team record for most Passing TD’s in a season. Pretty surprised that none of the Trent Green or Montana years had more.
Stat of the Week #3:
Larry Fitzgerald now #2 on receiving yards list. Only 6,943 away from Rice’s record
Stat of the Week #4:
We’re through week 10, and Aaron Donald just hit a career high number of sacks in a season at 12.5
Stolen Stat of the Week #5:
42 QB’s have started games this season in the NFL. In regards to passer rating, the 3 QB’s the Bills have started rank 40th, 41st, and 42nd.
Stat of the Week #6:
The Bengals became the first team to allow 500+ yards in 3 straight games
Stat of the Week #7:
Stat of the Week #8:
Brady and Jerry Rice are now the only players in NFL history to catch a pass at 41 years old
For the Record:
- RGIII was the only QB to practice on Thursday. OOOOOOOOO
- Jacksonville went from AFC Championship, to 1st in the Division by Week 3, to now alone in last place after 6 straight losses.
- You have one of the Greatest QB’s of all time, and punt on 4th and 2 with 4 minutes left in the game and 1 timeout? I think that’s the play that pushed me over the edge in agreeing Mike McCarthy should be fired this season
- Falcons, Eagles and Packers are on their last breath. Another loss will kill any playoff chances
- Ezekial Elliot went off on Sunday, holy cow!
- Dude, LeVeon Bell, what are you doing? You’re 27 for a position with a short shelf life, and pass up $14.5M this year?
New RB trend:
Back in the day, you’d hand the ball off to Shawn Alexander or Larry Johnson 25+ times a game. Which made it easy to rack up 100 yards if you maintain even a normal average. The new trend I’m seeing is RB’s getting like 8-12 carries a game, but still racking up some pretty crazy yards. For example, Todd Gurley had only 16 carries but 120 yards, Mark Ingram had 13 for 104 yards, Aaron Jones 15 for 145. These are like 8-10 yards per carry games, and I’ve been seeing more and more of this. Watch for this trend this week.
The Steelers possession results vs. the Panthers were touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, field goal, touchdown, half ends; touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, starters leave game.
- Bears K Cody Parkey hit the upright 4 TIMES on Sunday! If you had told a pro to do that, you couldn’t replicate that again
- Loved coach Vrabel calling the same play that Brady screwed up, Brady was wide open and somehow tripped over the 41 yard line
- There are more and more trick plays this year. I think I mentioned this last week, but literally every week now!
- Moving MNF from Mexico City to LA was the right call. Very embarrassing for the league, and embarrassing for Mexico City, but the right call
- Sean Payton destroyed a fire alarm because it was annoying. That’s the kind of coach the NFL needs!
- Patrick Mahomes puts Ketchup on steak. And yes, this is what we’re reporting nowadays.
Quote of the Week:
“I wanted to see if ours looked any better than theirs” Mike Vrabel, on why he called an identical trick play that didn’t work for the Pats
Quote of the Week #2:
“When I woke up this morning, I was feeling dangerous” Baker Mayfield
Memes of the Week: