FMQB: It’s Brock-Tober!
Week 6 Highlights:
- There were 3 awesome games this week, but I called the highlight being Bears vs. Dolphins. Tannehill was surprisingly out of the lineup at the last minute, so ol’ trusty came in and Brock Osweiler delivered a win. It’s Brock-tober baby!
- The Rams struggled, but Gurley’s 200 yards were a thing of beuty. All the comparisons to Marshall Faulk and 2001 have me excited!!!
- Mason Crosby, wow. Short term memory (and forgiving coaches) are the key to kickers. After the debacle against the Lions he really redeemed himself. 4/4 on Field Goals and 3/3 on Extra Points.
- Chiefs Patriots was the game we all wanted to see. A back and forth shootout. It was awesome how the Pats kicked a FG to go up by 7 with 3:15 left in the game, giving Mahomes plenty of time to drive down the field. By 3:03, the game was tied
- 49ers Packers also exceeded expectations. The final drive by Rodgers was insane, especially with no timeouts.
Stat of the Week #1:
The Ravens sacked Mariotta 11 times! This meant that Mariotta was sacked more than he had completed passes (10)
Stolen Stat of the Week #2:
Despite being 1-3 in his last 4 starts, Matt Ryan has put up ratings of 148.1, 134.5, 99.1 and 125.5 in those games with 12 TD’s and 0 INTs.
Stat of the Week #3:
Comparing the first 6 games of 2017 vs the first 6 games of 2018. James Connor has more scrimmage yards and 3 more TD’s than LeVeon Bell had last year.
Stat of the Week #4:
Tom Brady now has 200 career regular season wins, which is a record.
Stat of the Week #5:
Aaron Rodgers became the first QB with back to back 400 Passing Yard games with 0 INT’s.
Stat of the Week #6:
Peterman has 9 INT’s in 79 attempts. Brees’ last 9 INT’s took him 736 attempts
Stat of the Week #7:
Ravens have not given up a TD in the 2nd half all season. Last time there was a streak this long was 1934
Stat of the Week #8:
Adam Theilen is on pace to break the receptions record by 11!
Stat of the Week #9:
Patriots didn’t punt nor get a penalty called on them. First time in NFL history that has happened
- 49ers Marquise Goodwin isn’t Tyreek Hill, but he’s dang close. Crazy speed!
- How did the Chiefs get 2 Sunday Night games in a row? Not that I’m complaining, but it was on the original schedule, not even flexed in.
- For everyone questioning (or rooting for) the Patriots slow start, they are now in 1st in their division, would have a first round playoff bye, and have beaten the best team in the AFC.
- For all the injuries the 49ers have faced, I hope they stick with Kyle Shanahan. He has done an excellent job with CJ Beathard
For the Record:
- I didn’t know there was a game in London until 2 days after it happened. Maybe not as much of a selling point anymore?
- I rarely turn off NFL games, but I did last night, at halftime
- Byron Leftwich is the new offensive coordinator for Arizona. So yeah, things aren’t turning around this year
- Jags fall from grace has been swift, and nobody seems to be talking about them anymore. In fact there was optimism about the Texans, Titans, and Jaguars this year, and at 3-3 it’s likely only 1 will make the playoffs.
The Number 27:
Our local radio station has determined that the number 27 is cursed for the Minnesota Vikings. The last play before moving into US Bank Stadium, Blair Walsh missed a 27 yard field goal against the Seahawks to lose in the playoffs thus starting the curse of 27. Last season, Dalvin Cook tore his ACL on the 27 yard line on the west end of US Bank Stadium. On Sunday, CB Mike Hughes tore his ACL on the 27 yard line on the west end of US Bank Stadium. Their first and shocking loss of the season, they lost to the Bills when they scored 27 points. And one of Kirk Cousins 2 fumbles happened, you guessed it, on the 27 yard line on the west end of US Bank Stadium. Probably the most famous Viking to wear number 27? Fred Smoot. And we all know what happened there…
Quote of the Week:
“Is his name really Beat Hard?” FFMQB…yep…
Quote of the Week #2:
Josh Rosen on being drafted 10th: “There were nine mistakes ahead of me.”
Quote of the Week #3:
“Sun’s out, let’s go!!!” Vikings fan. There’s a little bit of a backstory to this. It SNOWED here on Sunday, ugh. And yours truly had awesome tickets to the Vikings game. Not wanting to deal with parking or traffic, I decided to ride my bike, which was fun but cold. But there are some benefits to being a short 15 minute bike ride to the stadium!
Games of the Week:
Patriots at Bears: I think this could be a much closer game than people are thinking
Texans at Jaguars: Not that it’ll be pretty, but it’ll be important
Saints at Ravens: Should be really competitive
Bengals at Chiefs: Another tough matchup for Kansas City, and the Bengals need to keep winning in their uber tough division
Meme of the Week:
Meme of the Week #2:
Meme of the Week #3:
Nice one, the Chiefs are from Missouri…